Thursday, October 29, 2009

Presenting....visiting artist from Berlin,Germany, Phoenix Bird

Rough sketch. Props will include a few of Phoenix's recent works, a t-bone steak, some mini beer cans and bottles, his cigarettes, his table he works on and a few other items. I'm hoping to possibly get to a taxidermist and find a stuffed twin of Phoenix.

In terms of my goals for this collaboration, well I'm working with a non-photo student. His goal of his solo piece is to present this finch who has been healed back to health, as a visiting artist from Berlin. My contribution and my ticket to being allowed to work with the same subject, is to add the finished piece (this project) to Phoenix's portfolio.

Essentially, I will be documenting a future performance piece of Phoenix planned to take place this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I do want you to work towards taking some ownership of the piece and avoid the pitfall of becoming the documentary photographer. Are you still wanting to work with projections?

    ReplyDelete